This is my first blog post on Beta-start experience. The purpose of this blog is to tell the experience of Beta-start from someone that’s participating on the program from the beginning.
Deloitte came to office this morning to talk about the future of tourism. There are some highlights which I will share with you:
- Revpar - revenue per available room.
- 1/3 of market is now on low cost airlines.
- Load factor on low cost now on 90%, the highest in the industry.
- Now the most valuable asset are the airport slots on the airports.
- RevPar in Lisbon is now only 3% below max high (2007).
ROI on several investments:
- Gold - 500% roi over 10 years
- Hotels Europe only 7% (less than inflation).
- Passport in UK for who makes investments over a certain value.(why Portugal does not do the same?)
- To each segment you should present a different value propositon. - I think this is important for creating Beta-I products.
- G7 in 2025: china, USA, India, Japan, brasil, Russia, Mexico.
- Biggest growth touristic markets: China, India.
- Portugal should do not diversify to India because you need lots of money to communicate. Portugal should instead focus on Scandinavia.