Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Fado restaurants are also, with a few exceptions, a major rip off of tourists, sometimes charging more than 90€ per person.
The concierge mafia! Be aware!
The city of Lisbon needs people like the Beta-starters!
Increase university collaboration, more people would come because there is more ground breaking things happening in Lisbon.
Inconsistently maintained, some buildings are crumbling - this would have to be solved.
Lisbon is cheap so artistic people would find it interesting to come here.
Other group focused on a scenario in which Portugal goes bankrupt, some insights:
Bucket list idea- do your last life wishes in Lisbon.
People see no benefit of the tax system. Government services are generally poor quality.
Foreign start-ups should pay no taxes.
I will be speaking on Product Development and User Experience.
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Hi again guys,
Saturday morning, we're having a creativity and branding workshop with Torke from Billy the Group.
We started with Diogo and João(photos below) to explain some basic facts os the marketeer life:
Branding it's not about the way Volvo is written its about the idea behind it.
The brand Germany its about reliability and technology.
Seems a blank page but it's about building around a central idea.
Coca-cola is a good example on innovation management of portfolio.
Moments of truth coined by Jan Carlzon, by Scandinavian Airlines System(SAS) occur any time a customer comes in contact with the company.
Southwest job candidates are invited for an audition on their job hiring process.
Nordstrom is also a good example of superior service quality.
If you don't have a company culture your employees don't have freedom.
Marketing = talking directly to the market (forget the ing)
Fred now talking about Guerrila marketing: maximizing short term results with minimum resources
Urban interventions,Installations, (in Portugal everything is done by the book, paying licenses to city council, etc)
Ambient media, (if you a do a campaign on the wc, you're already making a stance)
Online (viral, buzz, ...)
Press kit (because journalists don't like to work)
I love the campaign they did for a mobile company, hijacking the event from another company! (more than 5 years ago).
Thursday, March 1, 2012
This is my first blog post on Beta-start experience. The purpose of this blog is to tell the experience of Beta-start from someone that’s participating on the program from the beginning.
Deloitte came to office this morning to talk about the future of tourism. There are some highlights which I will share with you:
- Revpar - revenue per available room.
- 1/3 of market is now on low cost airlines.
- Load factor on low cost now on 90%, the highest in the industry.
- Now the most valuable asset are the airport slots on the airports.
- RevPar in Lisbon is now only 3% below max high (2007).
ROI on several investments:
- Gold - 500% roi over 10 years
- Hotels Europe only 7% (less than inflation).
- Passport in UK for who makes investments over a certain value.(why Portugal does not do the same?)
- To each segment you should present a different value propositon. - I think this is important for creating Beta-I products.
- G7 in 2025: china, USA, India, Japan, brasil, Russia, Mexico.
- Biggest growth touristic markets: China, India.
- Portugal should do not diversify to India because you need lots of money to communicate. Portugal should instead focus on Scandinavia.